How Can We Help?
Relationship counselling isn’t just for couples. If you’re currently single or an individual in a relationship, you can also benefit from counselling to resolve your issues.
Working individually in counselling can be very effective for changing your relationship or learning how to start a relationship.
Couples in relationship crisis
We recommend that couples that are in relationship crisis commit to six sessions before they decide to end the therapy or the relationship.
We have found this approach extremely valuable for couples that are close to ending their relationship as it gives you the time explore what changes are possible to improve the quality of your relationship.
Length of therapy
This, of course, is a very difficult question to answer because every client is different and has unique needs. The length of therapy can depend on a number of factors, which may include the type of issue, the length of time that negative patterns have been ingrained and the willingness and motivation you have to change.
On average, our clients can tend to have between 8-12 sessions. Some research suggests that it can take 3-4 months to start to experience long-lasting change, however, many clients report that they notice changes after only a few sessions. Some clients may need medium to longer term therapy, which may last longer than a year.
Together we determine how often you will attend, based on your needs and schedule, which may be weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
In our experience, the clients that have the most positive outcomes from therapy attend sessions on a regular basis for at least 3 - 6 months.
How Can We Help?
INDIVIDUALS WITHIN A RELATIONSHIP
INDIVIDUALS SEEKING A RELATIONSHIP
Relationship or marriage counselling for couples
We work with couples that are experiencing negative and destructive patterns of relating and help them develop the skills for forming and maintaining healthy and loving relationships.
Coaching for singles
We work with singles who are feeling frustrated with dating, don't have the confidence to find a partner or have been hurt in the past and are scared to get close to someone again.
We work with a number of pre-marriage issues including:
- Communication breakdown between you and your fiancé.
- Ongoing disagreements with family members or in-laws related that need to be resolved before the big day.
- Misunderstandings about what you and your fiancé want for your future together
- Jealousy and insecurity about your partner’s past that’s pushing you apart.
- Difficulty making major decisions about your wedding and future such as kids, religion, or other major life decisions.
- Doubts and questions about whether you should get married or separate.
What results can you expect?
Through our pre-marital counselling services you can:
- Improve your communication skills so you can truly understand each other.
- Resolve arguments and differences with family members and in-laws so you can have a peaceful and happy wedding day.
- Be clear about your expectations and relationship needs to avoid misunderstandings in the future.
- Feel safe and secure in your bond with each other, despite outside influences.
- Make big decisions about your future together with confidence increase and deepen your love and appreciation for one another.
Pre-marriage counselling is undertaken by couples who want to get their marriage off to a strong start and ensure they have a long-lasting marriage.
Can You Relate to Any One
- We can’t seem to communicate and are exhausted from constantly blaming and criticising each other.
- I feel alone and disconnected from my spouse and don’t know what to do.
- I feel insecure, clingy, and jealous of my spouse.
- We are still holding on to past relationship hurts and pain and can’t move on.
- I’ve just found out my partner has been cheating on me and we don't know how to get past this.
- Since we had kids we have forgotten about "us." It’s like we live separate lives.
- HELP! There is no sex or romance…can we ever get it back again?
How Can We Help?
We work with a wide range of relationship issues including:
- Affairs - rebuilding trust after an affair.
- Communication – effective conflict resolution and authentic relating.
- Complex, traumatic or unresolved past issues affecting your relationships.
- Conflict with family, ex-partners or in-laws.
- Decision making, commitment issues and dating.
- Growing apart, losing love and intimate connection.
- Parenting and step-family issues.
- Overcoming relationship blocks for people who have been single for many months or years.
- Dealing with differences before and after marriage.
- Exploring all the options, including Discernment Counselling, before deciding whether to separate or divorce.
What Results Can You Expect?
Through our couple counselling services you can have:
- Closeness and intimacy that comes from a safe, trusting, and committed marriage.
- Open, honest, and respectful communication where you are truly heard.
- Conflict that gets resolved and brings you closer together.
- Renewed sexual vitality with your spouse.
- A safe, trusting, and meaningful relationship with your spouse.
- A greater love for yourself, your marriage, and your future together.
- Shared meaning, purpose, and vision for your life and your marriage or relationship.
Even if you’re in a relationship and your partner won’t come to counselling, you can still make changes yourself and experience positive change in your relationship.
Our Relationship Counselling Approach?
Each of our counsellors has a unique and effective approach, however,
- We truly value and understand our clients’ struggles, difficulties and desire to change their relationships for the better.
- We help our clients process their emotional struggles safely and with respect at all times.
- Our approach leads to new perspectives, greater self-understanding, improved relationship dynamics, and the empowerment of each partner and the relationship.
- Our relationship counselling approach is tailored to suit your unique needs. We listen closely to what your relationships goals are and work side-by-side with you to achieve them.
- The foundation of our relationship and marriage counselling approach is holistic. We view the whole of you in the context of your unique needs, values and history. This allows us to support you in accessing your inherent resources and strengths.
- We use a broad variety of counselling, psychotherapy and psychological models and theories that have been proven to be the most effective for the issues you are resolving.
- Our clients’ confidentiality and privacy is our priority and will be maintained at all times.
- We offer time-limited Discernment Counselling if your partner is highly ambivalent about the future of the relationship.